REGISTRATION OPEN – Global Health EDCTP3 exchange meeting for Belgian & sub-Saharan African stakeholders
05/12 - 05/12/2022
Monday 5th December 2022, 15:00-17:00
Click here to register for online participation, registration by 1 December 2022
The Flemish Ministry of Research, Innovation and Economy and the Institute of Tropical Medicine are pleased to invite you to an exchange meeting on the third European & Developing Countries Clinical Trial Partnership (EDCTP), the Global Health (GH) EDCTP3 Joint Undertaking (JU). We are welcoming stakeholders from Belgium and Africa to exchange on the new EDCTP3 program and discuss potential joint research interests. Participants are invited to share their comments and questions on the EDCTP3 partnership and research program in advance, during registration or via email to BE_EDCTP3@itg.be. Received responses will be addressed in the presentations and in the discussion.
- 15:00 – 15:10 Welcome and introduction by BE delegation of EDCTP Association
- 15:10 – 15:40 Part 1: The Global Health EDCTP3 partnership: a new partnership, a new research agenda.
Jointly presented by
• European Commission – Elmar Nimmesgern, interim Executive Director GH EDCTP3 Joint Undertaking
• EDCTP Association, Africa Office – Tom Nyirenda, Strategic Partnerships and Capacity Development Manager
• EDCTP Association, Africa Office – Michelle Singh, Project Officer
• EDCTP Association, The Hague Office – Lara Pandya, Senior Strategic Partnership Officer
• GH EDCTP3 in Horizon Europe and in EU-Africa R&I collaboration.
• Who and What? Overview EDCTP strategic research agenda.
• How will the EDCTP Association represent and support European and African States in the
• Presentation Work program 2022/23.
• EDCTP3 In Kind contributions to Additional Activities (IKAAs) by participating countries.
- 15:40 – 16:20 Part 2: Sharing Perspectives of EDCTP3 participating states: Mozambique, DR Congo, Rwanda, Belgium.
Ilesh Jani, Ministério da Saude, delegate Mozambique EDCTP Association
Placide Mbala-Kingebeni, Institut National de la Recherche Biomédicale & Ministère de la Santé
Publique, Hygiène et Prévention, delegate DR Congo EDCTP Association
Jean Claude Semuto Ngabonziza, Rwanda Biomedical Centre, technical advisor delegation Rwanda EDCTP Association
Kathleen D’Hondt, Flanders Department Economy, Science and Innovation, delegate Belgium EDCTP Association.
- 16:20 – 17:00 Part 3: Discussion – Q&A
‘Aligning 36 EU-AU participating countries around a common Strategic Research Agenda in Global Health: opportunities & challenges.’
Participants are invited to share their comments and questions on the EDCTP3 partnership and research program in advance, during registration or via email to BE_EDCTP3@itg.be. Received responses will be addressed in the presentations and in the discussion.
- 17:00 Networking drink at Forum, Campus Rochus ITM